I happened upon Christopher Brian King this weekend as I researched various graphic artists who created the book covers we are so familiar with. While I haven't read the books he designed for, I was drawn to his simplistic, yet powerful style. He conveys a lot of meaning through a few brief images. My favorite cover of his is for the book How the Dead Live by Derek Raymond. His use of negative space to create a skull from a broken plate was fantastic! You can find this cover on his personal website: http://christopherbrianking.com, under the side tab "Melville International Crime."
I hope you guys enjoy his work as much as I did.
Brandy
I have never heard of any of these works, but after looking at some of his works I found I was intrigued with the stories. The cover art has minimalist but powerful design. I really like it.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed his work. The successful combination of different elements into a single image is very interesting and intriguing.
ReplyDeleteHe knows how to grab the attention of his audience quickly, which is what the cover art is supposed to do. Strong and simple images which glue your eyes to them. Very successful design elements
ReplyDeleteThese works were interesting and unusual which makes them standout and draw people into reading the books. This is hard in a very digital culture where more and more stuff is going digital.
ReplyDelete