I found this article and I found it very interesting. I'm intrigued by all sorts of graphic design work, however I'm not familiar with any artists in particular. This article discusses 9 different graphic artists that are very well known for what kind of artwork that they do. One of the graphic artists that I found most interesting was John Henry Alvin. He's known for many famous movie posters for movies such as E.T., Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter. It's cool to find out who is responsible for these well-known pieces that we see all the time. I never really thought about who made things like this before.
http://fearlessflyer.com/2012/05/9-inspiring-graphic-designers-and-their-distinct-design-styles/
-Mandi White
This was interesting. Like you, I've never gone looking for the artists behind the posters for my favorite movies even though I love them! It was cool to finally put a name to the work. Thanks for this!!!
ReplyDeleteThis was really cool. I like that i can finally see who has created some of my favorite movie posters but I also like that this shows a lot of the artists who created the small graphics that are taken for granted .
ReplyDeleteThis was very interesting to look at some of the various different things that can be done and the different ways things are done.
ReplyDeleteI especially liked Shigeo Fukuda. His silhouette work is very interesting. I was drawn by the simultaneous simplicity and deception.
ReplyDeleteI especially like the work of graphic designers who take things like Gui icons and company logos and make them simple and recognizable. There are images we skim over and there are those images which become burned into our psyche.
ReplyDelete