I looked at this in another class I had last year. This was the coolest thing I ever saw.
The graffiti artist TEMPTONE diagnosed with ALS is now almost entirely physically paralyzed. Working with different organizations Free Art and Technology (FAT), OpenFrameworks, the Graffiti Research Lab, and The Ebeling Group they were able to create a working Eye Writer. Using this technology that attaches to Temptone's glasses, it follows the movement of his eye and allows those movements to be traced and turned into graffiti art.
I think this is so fantastic because it allows artists to continue doing what they love and they are able to see their work by having it streamed via camera back to them so they are still able to put this work out in the world and it is temporary but leaves a lasting impression.
I think it says a lot about these people who are working so hard to help others do what they love.
The Graffiti Research Lab does lots of different pieces such as this laser graffiti on buildings, which is really cool as well, if you want to check it out.
Eye Writer - video and information on Eye Writer
It's so humbling to see people overcome great adversity and create such beauty. This is amazing Sirena!
ReplyDeleteVery impressive.I think it is fantastic that this technology gives people a way to artistically express themselves.
ReplyDeleteThe passion of creativity, that these groups would care so much to help this artist to keep working, and that with such a debilitating disease he can not stop imagining his art, these are humbling and touching sentiments. This work is awe inspiring and an example to us all.
ReplyDeleteThis is very interesting because I have heard of them work with eye tracking software and it is neat how they turned a tool to study eye movement into a useful tool.
ReplyDelete