Monday, February 18, 2013

cubism research


While working on my cubism piece I had to go back to the Art History 2 class to refresh my memory. I still clearly rememebered how significant cubism became being the first abstract form of art that abandoned traditional perspective rendering in favor of displaying many spacial and temporal perspectives simultaneously. What I did not recall was that cubism developed in two phases: analytical and synthetic. I realized that most of the cubism examples I encountered on the internet represented the analytical phase. In fact so did my piece.  I attach a link to a website that describes the artistic period of Pablo Picasso who was one of the fathers of cubism. Looking at his work it is easy to follow the birth and development of cubism. It helped me understand and analyze the piece I am working on and choose a direction more suited to my intention.
http://www.robinurton.com/history/cubism.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment