David Airey is a self-employed graphic designer and
author who specializes in brand identities and resides in Northern Ireland. He
worked with many companies including Yellow Pages (Canada), Giacom (England),
Asian Development Bank (Philippines), Berthier Associates (Japan). He has
published two books on the topic of design one of which was translated into 8 languages. His blogs are
widely popular and are visited by more than 600,000 designers every month.
I have chosen David Airey as the subject for my blog
because I admire his work and work method. He can read the client’s mind and
understand the client’s goals. On his website he gives examples of work process
that helped me immensely. The combination of research and mind-maps aids
inspired me. The scans of his notes demonstrate progression and development of
his ideas. He has a great work flow. I also found his blogs very helpful as he
addresses the most common questions young designers might have. His advice on
learning, getting hired, self-employment, and typography are based on
experience. I was especially interested in his work with clients as it is not
covered by any class I attend. Being able to create a design brief and extract
information about what the client needs is half the job done.
This is an interesting aspect of design that gets little discussion. You are right about that statement. I wish more time was spent on client relations and work flow strategies.
ReplyDeleteThis is really cool. The designs are very clean, simple, and prominent. I like the minimalist style.
ReplyDeleteThis is very interesting to see the various styles of logo designs.
ReplyDelete